we get it... daily
December 30, 2004
Support our troops...
OK, this one is ripe. Too many retards are mixing blind fascism with patriotism, and throwing the "don't you support our troops" barb into the whole pile of crap. By the numbers folks:
1. The USA was founded on the citizen's right to disagree with government without fear. THAT is what makes America great. Reduction of civil liberties, government controlled news agencies, mixing religion and government, and redefining patriotism as blind toadyism makes us like so many other lame-ass European states.
2. Slapping a magnetic yellow ribbon sticker on your Fairmont doesn't support our troops. It identifies you as an idiot who thinks that slapping a magnetic yellow ribbon sticker on your Fairmont somehow identifies you as a "reel ameriken."
3. And about that whole yellow ribbon thing. Remember that the song is about a guy getting out of prison fools. You're co-opting a song about a felon's return to his trailer park, not a glorious patriotic gesture.
4. Supporting our troops is the job of our government. Ask Rumsfeld about the Humvee armor if you want to get someone notable to "support our troops." You might also ask about the poor national guardsmen whose stays have been extended over and over while their home mortgages slip into foreclosure. They didn't sign up for this kind of extended engagement - what the hell, they should be available for home-side disaster recovery or shipping out to help tsunami victims.
5. What about common citizens supporting our troops you might ask? Well, remember that loose lips sink ships and all that. Don't speak openly about troop strength numbers, movements, or objectives because that gives the enemy an informational advantage in the field. Oops! Too late, our Commander-In-Chief and his staff are already sending this information out to the opposition on a daily basis!
6. No really, what can you do? Well, you can send your kids off to fight. That's supporting the war effort. Of course none of our leaders are doing that, and none will talk about it.
So fine, support our troops. That's a great idea. However, the soldiers put in harms way are not the same as the actions that put them there. You can support your nations armed forces without having to support the corrupt regime that put them there.
Finally, we'll leave with a few quotes (borrowed from Thomas.Mc) on patriotism from a fine rebellious bunch.
"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism."
- President Thomas Jefferson
"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from the government.
- Thomas Paine
"A President is impeachable if he attempts to subvert the Constitution".
-- President James Madison
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither."
- Ben Franklin
"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."
- Samuel Adams
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke
"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it."
- President Abraham Lincoln
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce and brave man, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
- 'Mark Twain'
"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President."
- President Theodore Roosevelt
Still composing the Evil.Com Best / Worst lists for 2004. You can click here to send us your thoughts. We'll publish the results, yeah with your names.
Read the Lies
Read the Shouts
Read the Archives
Read the Static
Read the Financials
we get it. check back daily.